We are searching data for your request:
The Almansa Corridor Region is located east of Albacete, in an area between the plain of the Albacete region and the mountains (the Meseta), in the Sierra de Almansa. It limits the south with Murcia and the Tierras de Hellín; to the north with the region of La Manchuela; to the southeast with Alto Vinalopó; to the east with La Costera (Levante). It is an obligatory passage between La Meseta Castellana and the Valencia Community. The A-31 Madrid-Alicante crosses it.
The region has a population of approximately 52,000 inhabitants and an area of 2,441.42 km².
Landscape of this region is of the arid type and with gentle hills. It is not bathed by any river, but it has 2 saltwater reservoirs: Pétrola and Horna.
Thanks to the strong winds that hit the plain, the Wind Energy industry has experienced an important boom. It is an important region, with regard to the production of D. O. wines.
Almansa, Alpera, Bonete, Caudete, Corral Rubio, Chinchilla de Monte Aragón, Higueruela, Montealegre del Castillo, Pétrola, Villar de Chinchilla, Hoya Gonzalo. All of them belonged, until the 19th century, to the Señorío de Villena, which in turn was linked to the Kingdom of Aragon.
The origins of this population are Muslim. It became part of the Kingdom of the Catholic Monarchs in 1476 thanks to Prince Alfonso and his father King Fernando III. In 1778 King Carlos III granted it the title of city. Its Moors and Christians festivals are well known. Currently, it has about 25,500 inhabitants.
The origins of this population begin 2,500 years ago BC. with the Iberians. But the historical vicissitudes have made it take many turns, since then they passed into the hands of the Tartessians, in the 6th century BC. J.C. it was conquered by the Greeks, then by the Carthaginians and in the year 216 a. J-C passed into the hands of the Romans. In the year 409 it was conquered by the Suebi and Alans, barbarian tribes, until it was conquered by King Theodoric I (Visigoth) and became part of the Kingdom of Toledo. In 713 it was conquered by the Muslims. In 1240 it was conquered by King Jaime I the Conqueror and became part of the Kingdom of Aragon. In 1244 it passed to the kingdom of Castile. In 1305 it passed to the kingdom of Valencia and in 1713 it passed to the kingdom of Murcia. Then in 1833 when the province of Albacete was created, it became a definitive part of this province. Since then it has been the patron saint of the Virgen de Gracia. Known are its Moors and Christians festivals. It currently has about 10,500 inhabitants.
It is located between Almansa, Alicante, Valencia and Murcia. In fact, a Castilian full of Valencianisms is spoken. Its municipality is located the Sierra de Oliva or Santa Bárbara, where the Micro-reserve of the Arenales de Caudete, in the Sierra de Cuchillos. (see Natural Parks of Albacete).
Legend has it that it was founded by Hercules, but the truth is that it was occupied by Muslims, who taught it to weave carpets and fabrics. In 1242 it was conquered by Don Pelayo Pérez Correa and throughout the Middle Ages it was a very important population. In the 15th century, together with Caudete, Pétrola, ... they belonged to the Señorío de Villena.
It currently has about 3,500 inhabitants. Its main resource is that of wind energy. In this municipality the Natural Reserve of the Sierra de Pétrola.
It also belonged to the Señorío de Villena and achieved its independence in the 19th century. It was part of the municipality of Chinchilla.
It has about 1,000 inhabitants. It includes the district of Anorias. Its main resource is the cultivation of cereals.
In this municipality the Sierra de Pétrol Nature Reserve.
It was part of the municipality of Chinchilla and the Señorío de Villena. Its independence, like the rest of the municipalities, was reached in the 19th century. It includes the districts of Casa Aparicio, Casillas de Marín de Abajo and Oncebreros.
It was part of the municipality of Chinchilla and the Señorío de Villena. Its independence, like the rest of the municipality, was reached in the 19th century.
It was part of the municipality of Chinchilla and the Señorío de Villena. Felipe II granted him the title of town and gave it to his subject Berasategui
It has about 2,600 inhabitants. The main resource of Alpera is agriculture: the vine, the cereals and the fruit trees.
It is located 50 km from Albacete. It is a wetland area and the remains of what were Las Lagunas de Corral-Rubio belong to the Corral Rubio-La Higuera lagoon complex. It includes the district of La Higuera.
|It may interest you:|
Guide of Alcalá de Júcar
Alcalá del Júcar is one of the jewels of Castilla La Mancha. It is located in the Northeast of Albacete on the path of the Júcar river right where the Júcar gorge offers us a spectacular landscape.
|More information about the province of Albacete:|